Purpose: To play a key role in the Technical Department. Primary responsibility will be in the introduction of new product design and development along with support for existing products. In addition, the role requires that the candidate will be able to support to other technical functions within the production process.
The candidate will be required to ensure that jobs are completed to time and budget and will be required to liaise closely with other areas of the business. At all times to represent and develop the good name of the Company.
Scope: The position reports to the Technical Director.
- To design and develop products as required and to project manage through to completion.
- To design and develop enhancements to the existing product range.
- To design test equipment for in house use.
- To support other departments where required on issues of a technical nature.
- Provide technical support for customers, which may involve site visits of both a national and international nature.
- The production of, and maintenance of technical documentation as required, including CAD drawings, design calculations, bills of materials, technical specifications, test data etc.
- To ensure that products meet all mandatory legislation.
- Constant interrogation of product design to identify and implement cost savings and performance improvement.
Experience: We will consider recent college/university graduates, or individuals with 2 years+ experience in similar Engineering or Technical Design role within a manufacturing environment. The role scope will depend on your experience level.
- Embedded software design using high level languages and assembler.
- Digital and Analogue hardware design
- Schematic capture
A knowledge of the following would be viewed as advantageous:
- Serial communication protocols
- PCB Design
- Microsoft Visual Studio C#
- Product approvals testing
- Thorough and focused
- Good Communicator
- Keen, analytical and commercially aware
- Professional, amicable and responsible
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no agencies please.